GOD BLESS YOU PRESIDENT CORY!

GOD BLESS YOU PRESIDENT CORY!

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kris Allen Wins American Idol Season 8 - Live Blog Post of the American Idol Season 8 Finale, May 20 (May 21, Manila time)

21 May 2009, 8:59am, Manila time

I've been watching the American Idol Season 8 finale for several minutes now.  Caught the Black Eyed Peas  singing with Fergie ...

Ryan Seacrest gets a kiss from Katrina "Bikini Girl" Darrel

Katrina Darrell sings and is joined on stage by fourth judge Kara DioGuardi 

9:00 am, Allison Iraheta and Cyndi Lauper in a playful rendition of "Time After Time," 9:03. Here's Cyndi Lauper's rendition of "Time After Time:"



9:03am, Interview with Kris Allen's parents

9:04am, Interview with Adam Lambert's parents, "Are you nervous," asks Ryan Seacrest, "I am," says Adam's mom.

9:05am, Danny Gokey sings

9:06am, Lionel Richie introduced by Danny Gokey.  They sing "Just Go" and then finish with "All Night Long." 9:09am

9:15am Adam Lambert's journey to AI, audition in San Francisco ... "twist it and I will surprise you."

9:16am "With his unique voice and style, he took the country by storm." Ryan Seacrest speaking about Adam Lambert

9:18am Adam Lambert introduces Kiss and performs "Detroit Rock City" with them;  then, "I Wanna Rock and Roll All Nite,"  9:21am

9:26am Ryan Seacrest introduces the legend, Carlos Santana ... playing the guitar ... "Black Magic Woman" ... AI finalists on stage singing, 9:28am.

9:30am Ford Music Video and video showing AI Season 7 winner David Cook giving the keys to Ford Hybrids to Adam Lambert and Kris Allen



9:31am Megan Joy singing with Michael Sarver, Steven Martin accompanying ... 9:33am

9:39am Da Ya Think I'm Sexy by Rod Stewart performed by AI Idol male Top 13.

9:40am Ryan Seacrest introduces Rod Stewart who performs "Maggie May" 9:44am.

9:45am Another Golden Idol award ... won by Tatiana Nicole del Toro

9:47am  Ryan Seacrest tells Tatiana not to come on stage anymore because they're going on a break; Tatiana escapes the guards, gets the mike from Ryan and sings Whitney Houston's "Saving All My Love for You" 9:48am.

9:52am  Kris Allen and Adam Lambert performing "We Are the Champions" with Queen 9:55am

Lyrics of "We Are the Champions":
I've paid my dues - 
Time after time - 
I've done my sentence 
But committed no crime - 
And bad mistakes 
I've made a few 
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face - 
But I've come through 

We are the champions - my friends 
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - 
We are the champions - 
We are the champions 
No time for losers 
'Cause we are the champions - of the world - 

I've taken my bows 
And my curtain calls - 
You brought me fame and fortuen and everything that goes with it 

I thank you all - 

But it's been no bed of roses 
No pleasure cruise - 
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race - 
And I ain't gonna lose - 

We are the champions - my friends 
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end - 
We are the champions - 
We are the champions 
No time for losers 
'Cause we are the champions - of the world - 

10::00am  Simon Cowell, "... you're both brilliant ... the future is all yours."

10:01am "There is the envelope."

"more than 100 million votes cast," says the adjudicator.

10:01am "Here we go ..." 

"The winner is ... Kris Allen."

Pulls an upset. 

10:02am  "The underdog comes back and wins the nation over," Ryan Seacrest.

10:02am "I don't know what to say, this is crazy!"

10:03am The upset of all upsets has happened ... 

10:04am You're new American Idol ... Kris Allen singing "No Boundaries ..." 

Yes, Virginia ... miracles do happen.

10:06am The impossible has happened ... Kris Allen is the new American Idol!  

Dream on, America!

Here is your new American Idol Kris Allen singing "Heartless"




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you encounter any problem posting your comment, such as the error message "Your request could not be processed. Please try again," the problem might be resolved simply by trying to resubmit the comment. Otherwise, please email me at rollyocampo@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot for visiting my blog. Have a nice day and God bless!

 
Free Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter