Sun Star online reports that the DepEd has announced the suspension of classes on July 27, 2009, Monday, in 22 public elementary and high schools near the Batasan area to "ensure the safety of students" during Mrs. Arroyo's last SONA (State of the Nation Address). The report cited DepEd NCR Director Teresita Domalanta as the source of the announcement.
The SunStar report listed the following public schools that will have no classes on July 27, 2009:
1. Cecilia Munoz Palma High School
2. Payatas A-Elementary School
3. Payatas-B Elementary School
4. Payatas B-Annex Elementary School
5. Payatas C-Elementary School
6. Commonwealth High School
7. Batasan National High School
8. Batasan Elementary School
9. Bagong Silangan High School
10. San Diego Elementary School
11. Holy Spirit Elementary School
12. Commonwealth High School-Holy Spirit Annex
13. Judge Feliciano Belmonte Sr. High School
14. Lupang Pangako Elementary School
15. Lagro Elementary School
16. Lagro High School
17. North Fairview Elementary School
18. Manuel L. Quezon Elementary School
19. Fairview Elementary School
20. Balara High School
Author's Note: I don't know kung bakit 20 lang po yung nakalista sa report.
The SunStar reports further Dr. Domalanta as saying that "there is no reason to cancel classes in the entire metropolis as the protest action will only be limited to several sites such as near the Batasan complex and Mendiola in Manila."